Monday, March 4, 2013

Hello Barnstaple/Bickington

So after a rather short stop at home for the weekend, I have arrived in Barnstaple for my second stage of the First Serve program. I am staying with a lovely couple called Russ and Chris Beresford, who live outside of Barnstaple in Bickington. After dropping Hannah off at Suzie and Nick's (her host home) I managed to very successfully get completely lost in Bickington. I ended up stranded outside of a funeral directors until Chris came to the rescue in her classic Jaguar car and navigated me to the right house!!

I have just had dinner with Chris and Russ, which was a delicious kedgeree and I learnt all about their passion for fixing up classic cars and their connections to Bedford. It has been really nice to be welcomed so warmly into their home and I am looking forward to my month here! I start at Grosvenor church tomorrow morning so I will meet the team then.

I have been told that I am needed for the Beresford quiz team for University Challenge and a Question of Sport tonight, so I must dash, but thought I would get a cheeky blog in before it started!!

Keep in touch!
James

No comments:

Post a Comment